PD Clock Hours – Contact hours are regulated by your local district and state department of education. AOSA provides options including ticketed sessions, concerts, and evening events. We are not an approved clock-hour provider in all fifty states. Check with your local school district for prior approval. Directions to obtain a free certificate for PD contact hours, including an attendance verification form are provided in the conference book. It is not necessary to register for a certificate in advance, but you need to complete the log at the conference and submit by December 1. If your district does not accept PD hours, go for the graduate credit.
This Complete Guide to Continuing Education for Teachers provides a state-by-state list of contacts and requirements for the local approval process for CEU units or PD contact hours. Attendees are responsible for their own local approval before attending the conference.
Ashland University on-line registration information:
Class: 2017 AOSA PD Conference
Cost: $275 for one credit-15 contact hours; $450 for two credits-24 contact hours and a brief reflection paper. Your reflection paper must include a minimum of two pages, double spaced, 12 pt. font, that documents your professional growth through this experience. It should stand as an advocacy statement for attending this conference. You may also print the Instructions for Ashland University’s On-line Registration.
- Between the dates of October. 1 – December 1, go to the following website to register for graduate credit: www.ashland.edu
- Select “Quicklinks” on the top left, yellow tab.
- Select “Professional Development” from the Academics column.
- Find “Face-to-face classes” In the middle of the page, click on “Elyria/Cleveland Center” under Centers.
- Click on the title “2017 AOSA PD Conference” and use course number “6180 X1” for one credit, or “6180 X2” for two credits. You will have to choose, but you have until December 1st to decide.
- Click on “Register for class”
- If there is any information on the form that you would prefer not to submit online, it is best that you DO NOT complete the online registration process. Contact Janet before November 15th and you will be provided with a paper registration form.
Janet Atkinson, Administrative Assistant, Independence Center
firstname.lastname@example.org 216.524.3000 ext. 4237
Transcript Request Information:
Grades will be posted by December 15, 2017. After this date a transcript may be requested through the Ashland University transcript request page.
We strongly suggest you print off the transcript form and mail a check or fax your credit card information. Have the registrar send the transcript copy directly to your administrative office by regular, first class mail and you will pay only $6. Your district can print an unofficial copy for your records.
The transcript page offers other option, but there are additional charges. Unless you are in a hurry, the old-fashioned USPS is a simpler option. Thanks for participating!