Y’all be in tall cotton when it comes to performances!
Here is the line-up of performing groups…
On the Main Stage:
- Tobin School at St. Mary’s Hall Ensemble, San Antonio – Directed by Lisabeth Troutwine
- Mariachi Espuelas de Plata, Fort Worth – Directed by Ramon Niño
- Brentfield Singers/Rhythm Cats, Brentfield Elem. School; Richardson – Directed by Ben Torres
- The McKamy Orff Ensemble, McKamy Elem. School; Carrolton – Directed by Billy Ferguson
- Flatlands Dance Theater Adult Group, Lubbock – Directed by Kris Olson
Get gussied up and throw your hat over the windmill! Celebrate the night in style!
- A longstanding tradition, the Midnight Historical Society with Carol Erion and Peggy McCreary unwraps little known and untapped treasures from the Schulwerk. Come ready to make music.
- Looking for folk music and dance? Come to a BalFolk Dance with Kris Olson and the band Rattle Skull. Kris will introduce us to this updated style of dancing that is a hot trend in Europe.
- Explore cultural heritage through ballet folklórico. Forth Worth educators Myra Molina and Orimar Guerrero will teach Mexican dance traditions.
- Make a date to attend the Headbangers Ball with Richard Lawton where you can jam to hard rock classics and energize your recorder playing at the same time.
- Recorder players, you also won’t want to miss Paul Hallsted as he leads you through some hidden treasures of the volumes and other resources Friday evening.
- Country music fans will enjoy traditional square dancing with Caller Bill Hinkley and his wife and assistant Elizabeth Hinkley.
- The beat goes on with Jeremy Cohen’s Speaking in Rhythm drumming event.
- Can I get an Amen? Enjoy and learn how to utilize Gospel Music in your teaching with Thomas Pierre and friends…a soulful way to end your day of professional development!
Is that the dinner bell ringing? Darn tootin’! Wrap up your conference experience at the Saturday night banquet with socializing and dancing to the fabulous band, Brave Combo! Your nametag will be your ticket for a plated dinner from 7:00-8:30 pm. Purchase tickets when you register. Make an advance reservation for a table to share with friends.