AOSA recognizes the need for more diverse representation of its membership. Established in 2018, the purpose of the AOSA Diversity Outreach Scholarship is to provide financial support to teachers from diverse populations or people of color to attend the AOSA Professional Development Conference. The following guidelines have been established to assist applicants who are seeking a Diversity Outreach Scholarship.
- The funds for this scholarship will be awarded to one recipient per year, and are to be used toward travel, hotel, and registration expenses for the AOSA Professional Development Conference.
- Applicant should identify as a person from a minority racial/ethnic group
- Applicant should be engaged in local chapter workshops and/or AOSA Summer Teacher Education Courses.
- Applicant must demonstrate personal financial need.
- Applicant must be a current member of AOSA and must have been an AOSA member in good standing for one year prior to submitting application.
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States of America or must have resided in the United States of America for the past five years.
- The grant recipient is expected to attend the Professional Development Conference and to provide reflections on the attended sessions. The recipient will also participate in a mentorship program over the course of the year with an AOSA-approved digital mentor.