Barbara Potter Scholarship Fund
The Barbara Potter Scholarship Fund provides financial aid to AOSA members who are interested in furthering the growth of Orff Schulwerk. These persons must need financial aid to further their education in Orff Schulwerk by attending the Orff Institute in Salzburg, Austria.
- The funds may be used for training at the Orff Institute in Salzburg, Austria
- This is a one time scholarship per recipient.
- The applicant must demonstrate personal need of financial aid for this grant.
- The applicant must be a current member of AOSA and must have been an AOSA member in good standing for one year prior to making application for the grant.
- The applicant must be a citizen of the United States of America OR must have resided in the United States of America for the past five years.
- Candidates must have completed Level III Orff Schulwerk Training
- Upon receipt of this scholarship, the recipient agrees to write an article for AOSA publications, provide documentation of how the award was used, and agree to serve AOSA in a capacity commensurate with their expertise.
- Due to the unique nature of this scholarship, the committee encourages applicants to reapply if their request has been denied.
The Barbara Potter Scholarship Fund was established by the American Orff-Schulwerk Association to honor Barbara Potter for her passion for study at the Orff Institute in Salzburg, Austria. This scholarship offers financial assistance to members of AOSA who wish to study at the Orff Institute in Salzburg, Austria. It is reserved for uses and benefits associated with Orff Schulwerk.
2016 – 1 grant: $4,023.70
2014 – 1 grant, awarded: $2475
2010 – 2 grants, awarded: $5,034, $446
2008 – 1 grant, awarded: $3,700