The American Orff-Schulwerk Association is a professional organization of educators dedicated to the creative music and movement approach developed by Carl Orff and Gunild Keetman.
Our Mission is:
- To demonstrate the value of Orff Schulwerk and promote its widespread use
- To support the professional development of our members
- To inspire and advocate for the creative potential of all learners
Our Core Values are:
As music and movement educators dedicated to the creative music and movement approach developed by Carl Orff and Gunild Keetman, we believe that:
- Every learner deserves the opportunity to actively create, improvise, sing, play, move, speak, and listen.
- Every learner should experience music and dance from cultures represented in both our diverse American society and the larger global community.
- Every learner deserves a passionate, committed music educator who values the importance of active music making.
- Every Orff Schulwerk educator deserves high-quality opportunities to improve their pedagogy and musicianship through active, collaborative professional development.
- Every Orff Schulwerk educator should cultivate the creative potential in all learners.
- Every AOSA member deserves opportunities to engage in open and constructive dialogue regarding the future and well-being of their chapter and the national organization.
AOSA Diversity Statement: AOSA is committed to supporting a diverse and inclusive membership, promoting an understanding of issues of diversity and inclusion and providing teaching and learning resources that respect, affirm, and protect the dignity and worth of all.