Have you considered serving AOSA? Do you have a passion for writing and editing? Join our dynamic team of editors on The Orff Echo editorial board. Applications for new editorial board members are being accepted from now until February 1, 2019. To apply, first read the Job Description and the following APPLICANT CHECKLIST, and when you have “checked all the boxes,” click on the link provided below to complete your application.
Please review this checklist prior to accessing the application to ensure you have all documents required to complete and submit everything in one session. Once accessed, you will not be able to return to the application.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Submit .pdfs of two letters of recommendation. Please ask references to address your writing ability and your ability and willingness to meet deadlines, to work with fellow editorial board members in a collegial manner, and to provide prompts and suggestions to authors in a professional manner.
- Submit a brief resume listing education, training, chapter affiliation, and highlights of your professional background. Please include only the most relevant information you think should be evaluated for experience particularly pertinent to serving on The Orff Echo Editorial Board. Limit to four pages total.
- Personal Statements
- Personal Statement 1 – In a letter, explain why you wish to serve on the Editorial Board and describe your qualifications.
- Personal Statement 2 – Explain the direction and shape you would like to see The Orff Echo take in the future.
- Writing Samples
- Unpublished Sample – Include a short, original, unpublished (edited only by you) essay or article, at least one page, typed and double-spaced.
- Published Samples – In addition, you may submit up to two published pieces.
- Please limit length of all pieces to 12 pages total.
- Editing Sample
- Review the unedited unedited sample. Using Microsoft Word Track Changes, make appropriate edits and revisions. When complete, create a PDF with your revisions showing.
- I have read and accept the terms and conditions in the editorial board member job description.
- I have compiled all necessary documents and am ready to complete the online application.